There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Whether you’ve already been published or are just starting out, we want to hear from you!
More than a reader destination, Nia is also a platform for established and emerging writers and web filmmakers to connect with our dynamic base.
Launched in October 2015, Nia is a new lifestyle and empowerment online magazine for today’s Black woman. Featuring articles and content that speaks to her social life, balance, motivation and spiritual connection, Nia is the online destination that she’s been looking for.
Our Featured sections:
- Be Inspired – submissions related to self-love, empowerment, balance, personal essays, inspiration and spiritual motivation
- Loving – submissions related to dating, marriage, relationships and everything in-between
- Black Lives - submissions specifically related to Black issues and perspectives, womanhood, politics, etc.
- Living – submissions related to career advice, health and wellness, parenting, travel, politics, editorials, personal essays, and more
- Arts – submissions related to web series, book reviews, short fiction and the Arts
Join our team of writers, dedicated to inspire, motivate and encourage black woman across the globe. When you join, you'll become an integral part of the Nia movement, with benefits including:
- Access to an engaged, multicultural audience
- Your own "Writer's" page showcasing all of your content published on the site
- Exposure - opportunity to increase your following and drive traffic to your web/blog and social media sites
- Publishing credit - exposure that you can leverage on other platforms
As a start-up, Nia does not currently offer monetary compensation in exchange for content.
Submission does not guarantee that your article will be published.